Everything you need
to prepare for your First Urology appointment
Telehealth and In Office Visit Preparation
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, to protect our patients and staff, we are taking the following precautions;
- We ask that all patients only have 1 healthy visitor enter the building with them. If that person is able to wait in their vehicle, they should do so.
- Patient and employee temperatures are taken upon arrival to our offices. If a patient or employee has a temperature of 100.4 or above, we will kindly ask them to go home. Patients may reschedule after being fever free for 48 hours.
- We have installed protective shields at our check-in and check-out areas for both patient and staff protection.
- In an effort to comply with social distancing guidelines, we have arranged our waiting rooms accordingly to limit patient contact. Patients may also check-in at the front desk and return to their car until the provider is ready to see them.
- We have removed all communal waiting room items like magazines, pens, etc.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all hard surfaces including restrooms, waiting areas and patient exam rooms.
During this time of uncertainty, we want our patients to know that First Urology is still committed to providing you with the medical care you need. We have implemented a Telehealth system which allows us to see you from the safety of your own home. All you need is a smartphone and the Anywhere Care App from your App Store. These visits are covered by your insurance just like a regular office visit. If you would like to convert your existing appointment or schedule a Telehealth visit, please call our office at 812-282-3899.
Please see the following instructions to learn how to prepare for your Telehealth visit.
Anywhere Care App
- Download Anywhere Care App
- On the day of your appointment, you will receive a link via text when the provider is ready to start your visit
- Click the link
- You will be asked to allow access to camera and microphone – Click OK for each
- Terms of Service – You must agree to the Telehealth consent
- You will be connected to the provider
Be sure to look over this pre-visit checklist before you leave home to make sure that you have everything you need for your appointment.
- Download the new patient packet and make sure the forms are complete before your appointment
- Bring all medications you are currently taking and a list of any known drug allergies
- Bring any records, lab work or X-rays — along with a radiologist’s report — from previous physicians regarding your current conditions
- InterStim Therapy Patients Only: For those of you who have scheduled an InterStim reprogramming appointment, please complete at least 3 days on the voiding diary provided as a download on this page, and bring it to your next appointment