About First Urology, PSC:**
As the largest urologic provider in the Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana area, First Urology offers comprehensive urologic care for men, women and children of all ages. At First Urology, our physicians are dedicated to finding solutions to a wide range of issues to help patients regain to the quality of life they deserve.
To learn more about First Urology, go to www.1sturology.com.
Awarded 2018 & 2017 Best Places to Work by Business First.**
First Urology is seeking to hire a Pool of Medical Scribes for Part-Time positions working in both our Southern Indiana and Metro Louisville, KY. offices.
Travel between local offices may be required-dependent on assignment.
The duties of a Scribe are to document the physician dictated patient history, physical examination, family, social, and past medical history as well as document procedures, lab results, dictated radiographic impressions made by the supervising physician and any other information pertaining to the patient’s encounter with the provider.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
. Ability to multi-task and consistently communicate in a professional manner
. Excellent grammar and punctuation skills, legible handwriting
. Proficient typing and computer skills
. Preferred medical terminology experience in a clinical setting
. Punctuality and preparedness for all shifts and work-related activities
. Professional appearance is required. Must comply with dress code.
. Preferred 12 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
. Professional appearance is required . Must comply with dress code.
. Demonstrated stable work history.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to document patient care as dictated by a physician in a legible and clear manner, following all local, state, and federal guidelines for documentation.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy in accordance with governing HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrate organizational ability to maintain and coordinate multiple forms and paper documentation related to patient care.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, with shift lengths of up to 9.5 hours.
- Normal vision (or corrected vision) and hearing
- Ability to handwrite large amounts of dictated information during your shift
- Ability to multi-task and perform duties under pressure
- Adequate knowledge of computer usage and ability to tolerate viewing on computer monitors for extended periods of time.
First Urology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates for this position must be eligible for employment as verified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA). May be required to undergo Criminal Background Check and/or drug screen.
Only candidates within a local commuting radius will be considered.