Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour
The Insurance Verification Specialist will verify patient information and confirm primary insurance payer plan is up to date. Respond to questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies professionally. Notes/Flags accounts and maintains accuracy and confidentiality.
Handles denials for wrong payer plan from hospital visits. Contacts patient for correct payer and loads information to allow for resubmission of claims.
Maintain established productivity benchmarks and meet goals in a fast paced environment.
*• A high school diploma or GED.
• 1 year document experience working with medical billing, coding and associated procedures
• A minimum 1 year experience working with medical claims data, current charge master pricing,
payer-specific insurance contract terms (deductibles, OOP and coinsurance)
• Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA confidentiality requirements.
• Ability to make basic, accurate mathematical calculations
• Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated data entry and pc skills, advanced software use including MS Office.
• 1 year of customer service skills.
• Typing speed minimum 35 wpm.
First Urology offers a competitive benefit package including:
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
Short and Long Term Disability
401k Plan Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Annual uniform allowance
First Urology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.