Exciting Career Opportunity and on the job training for Medical Assistants to expand their skill set, specializing in Urodynamic services to our patients.
2018 & 2017 recipient of 'Best Places to Work' by Business First.
The Continence Center Tech receives specialized on the job training to assist with performing urodynamic therapy, procedures and treatment to patients of all ages and genders as ordered by the Urologist. The department provides a variety of urology based medical treatments for conditions including impotence, disorders of voiding, incontinence, overactive bladder, urethral stones, infertility, Prostatitis, BPH and other genitourinary malignancies.
The Tech consults with Patient or other appropriate personnel to obtain information, places catheters in both genders. Answers questions from patients and physicians. Skilled in written and verbal communication to assist with a variety of issues. Excellent ability to multitask required. Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills, must be able to work well in a fast paced environment and learn quickly. Travel between local offices will be required. Training will be at the Jeffersonville, IN and at the DuPont Square, Louisville offices.
• A high school diploma or GED. Completion of medical assisting program or equivalent.
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Previous clinical patient care experience in a medical office as a Medical Assistant.
• Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated data entry and pc skills, advanced software use including MS Office
• 1 year of customer service skills.
• Knowledge and experience with urology procedures and testing
• 2 or more years of previous experience in medical office
.• Comfortable with working as an important team member and presenting a professional and competent presence.
• Nursing education or experience
• 1 year experience working with Electronic Health Record software
• Knowledge of Isalus
• Undergraduate Degree or certification in health related field, from accredited university
.• CPR certification