About First Urology, PSC* *
Awarded 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work by Business First.**
As the largest urologic provider in the Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana area, First Urology offers comprehensive urologic care for men, women and children of all ages. At First Urology, our physicians are dedicated to finding solutions to a wide range of issues to help patients regain to the quality of life they deserve. To learn more about First Urology, go to www.1sturology.com.
Accounts Receivable Representative is responsible for re-billing paper and electronical primary and secondary claims to all payers. Responsible for holding the percentage of debt recovery at industry standards while adhering to established performance benchmarks. Responsible for follow up for at least one payer as the sole insurance collector. Ability to notate accounts in the system. Answers questions from patients, clerical staff, and insurance companies. Skilled in written and verbal communication to assist with a variety of issues. Excellent ability to multitask required. Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills, must be able to work well in a fast paced environment and learn quickly.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- 1 year experience working with Medical Practice AR follow up. Knowledge of Medicare a plus. 2 or more years previous experience in hospital or large practice medical billing and/or insurance department preferred
- A minimum of 1 year experience utilizing a Practice Management System
- Knowledge of medical terminology and HIPAA confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to make basic, accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated data entry and pc skills, advanced software use including MS Office.
- I year of customer service skills.
- Typing speed minimum 35 wpm.
- 2 or more years of previous experience in hospital or large practice medical billing and/or insurance department.
- Comfortable with working as an important team member and presenting a professional and competent presence.
- 1 year experience with 10-key by touch, via adding machine, computer, and/or calculator.
- 1 year experience working with Electronic Health Record software.
- Experience with websites such as Availity, Navinet, Medicaid, etc.