About First Urology, PSC* *
Recently awarded 2017 Best Places to Work by Business First.**
As the largest urologic provider in the greater Louisville and Southern Indiana area, First Urology offers comprehensive urologic care for men, women and children of all ages. At First Urology, our physicians are dedicated to finding solutions to a wide range of issues to help patients regain to the quality of life they deserve. To learn more about First Urology, go to www.1sturology.com .
Job Summary Schedule appointments, imaging, labs & procedures for high volume medical practice call center. Responsible for answering incoming calls, providing information, transferring calls or taking messages per instruction from appropriate provider/clinician. Documents information thoroughly and accurately in patient’s electronic medical record. Ability to think critically and determine acuity level of patient symptoms. Skilled in written and verbal communication. Excellent customer service skills, ability to multitask and attention to detail required. Must be able to work well in a fast paced environment and learn quickly.
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year call center or multi line/automated system.
- 1+ yrs working clerical in physician office setting
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA requirements.
- Two years of full-time experience working in a professional office environment
- Excellent written and verbal command of English.
- Demonstrated data entry skills, advanced software use including Microsoft Office and Electronic Medical record platforms.
- Telephone customer service experience.
- Inbound appointment scheduling experience.
- Current Medical Assistant or other nationally recognized medical certification.
- Previous successful experience in the field of Urologic medicine as: Check in/Check out, Scheduling, Medical Assisting or Nurse.
- Experience with EHR systems, Isalus, Telemed or Shoretel.
- Undergraduate Degree in business or health related field, from accredited university.
May be expected to lift up to 5 pounds or up to 10 pounds with assistance. Work is of light demand; sitting or walking most of the time while on duty. Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties.
Candidates for this position must be eligible for employment as verified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA). Will be required to undergo Background Check and/or drug screen.
First Urology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only candidates within a local commuting radius will be considered.
First Urology offers a competitive benefit package including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, FSA option, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Long Term Disability,401k Plan, Annual uniform allowance, Free Parking.