We have an immediate opening for a part-time Molecular Technologist to join our small group of dedicated lab scientists providing state-of-the-art clinical analysis of a variety of patient specimens for the detection of human pathogens. We offer on the job training.
Required Skills and Experience
- Possess general clinical laboratory skills such as: pipetting, basic understanding of QA/QC activities, utilization of standard protocols, ability to critically think and troubleshoot, and proper specimen handling.
- Capable of working independently and with a group
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb teamwork and multitasking skills
- Organizational skills
- Basic computer skills including proficiency in MS Office
- Experience with DNA Extraction and real-time qPCR a plus however, not required
Job Responsibilities and Expectations
- Accession Clinical samples into LIS
- Contacting Physicians regarding Test Orders
- DNA extraction of clinical samples
- Performance of Real-time qPCR on clinical samples
- Maintaining instruments and clean laboratory
- Standard QA/QC documentation and activities
- Result reporting
- Reagent aliquoting
- And any other duties as assigned by laboratory manager or other superiors/upper management.