About First Urology, PSC
Voted 2017 and 2018 Best Places to Work by Business First Magazine.
As the largest urologic provider in the Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana area, First Urology offers comprehensive urologic care for men, women and children of all ages. At First Urology, our physicians are dedicated to finding solutions to a wide range of issues to help patients regain to the quality of life they deserve. To learn more, visit www.1sturology.com
We seek talented, dedicated Allied Health professionals to join our team. In return for your talent and dedication, we'll support you with comprehensive benefits including: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), FSA, LTD/STD, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Annual Uniform Allowance and employee discounts.
The Clinical Research Medical Assistant is responsible for managing and coordinating the timely handling of all components of clinical research protocols, including pre- and post-research activities, in the urological clinical setting. Experienced Medical Assistant will train on-the-job to fulfill study coordinator position. Responsible for the implementation and conduct of multiple research projects in the clinical phase, assists with the development of patient recruitment strategies, the coordination of patient treatment schedules to maintain compliance to protocol requirements, and oversee subject recruitment, screening, scheduling, testing, data management and reporting. The individual Answers questions from patients, staff, and vendors and is skilled in written and verbal communication, to assist with a variety of issues. Contacts physicians regarding adverse outcomes, excellent ability to multitask required. Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills, must be able to work well in a fast paced environment and learn quickly. Travel to other local research satellite offices may be required during the work week.
- Serve as both the trial coordinator and clinical care provider for clinical trial patients
- Act as primary advocate for the research participant.
- Complete regulatory documents. Network and build referral mechanisms.
- Assist physicians and clinical staff in the identification, recruitment and enrollment strategies of patients to increase enrollment and to meet clinical research protocol requirements.
- Assess eligibility of potential subjects through methods such as screening interviews, reviews of medical records, and discussions with physicians and nurses.
- Monitor patients to ensure compliance with study protocol and in accordance with scope of work
- Ensure studies are carried out according to the study protocol, SOPs, and ICH/GCP regulations and study specific manuals and procedures. Coordinate the activation and maintenance of clinical protocols, including review and completion of submissions, amendments, and adverse event reports as required by the IRB, and sponsors.
- Maintain required records of study activity including case report forms, drug dispensation records, or regulatory forms
- Act as a liaison between physicians, clinical staff, vendors, grant sponsors, and regulatory agencies to ensure priorities are clearly communicated and resources are allocated appropriately across multiple ongoing projects.
- Prepare for or participate in quality assurance audits conducted by study sponsors, federal agencies, or specially designated review groups.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of medical assisting diploma and 2 years experience
- 2 year experience working in medical care giving setting, practice, hospital etc
- Demonstrated ability to perform venipuncture, injections, specimen collection and process
- Understanding of basic medical terminology
- Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
- Knowledge of clinical tasks required for research (phlebotomy, centrifugation, alliquotting blood, interviewing
- Demonstrated data entry and pc skills, advanced software use including MS Office
- Minimum 1 year of customer service skills
- Typing speed minimum 35 wpm
Only applicants within daily commuting distance of Jeffersonville Indiana will be considered.
Physical Requirements: May be expected to lift up to 5 pounds or up to 10 pounds with assistance. Work is of light demand; sitting, standing or walking while on duty.
First Urology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates for this position must be eligible for employment as verified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
May be required to undergo Criminal Background Check and/or drug screen.