Saint Matthews, KY 40207
The Surgery Scheduler maintains an outstanding level of support to our physician's, while providing exceptional care to patients and customers. Responsible for scheduling surgeries and procedures, as well as checking benefits and obtaining Prior Authorization before anything is scheduled. Answers incoming surgical calls, explains procedures and answers patient's questions, while instructing patients on time, date, location and pre-op instructions. Coordinates all surgery scheduled with hospital and surgical centers. Schedules in-office procedures. Monitors office and doctor vacation schedules. Ensures compliance with current healthcare regulations, medical law and ethics.
- A high school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience of urological/medical procedures and treatments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated data entry and pc skills, advanced software use including MS Office
- Previous surgery scheduling experience is a MUST
- Knowledge of insurance and benefits
- Ability to effectively multi-task and remain organized
- Two years of full-time experience working in a professional medical office environment
May be expected to lift up to 5 pounds or up to 10 pounds with assistance. Work is of light demand; sitting or walking most of the time while on duty. Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties.
First Urology offers a competitive benefit package including: Medical, Dental and Vision InsuranceFSA optionPaid Vacation, Sick Days and HolidaysShort and Long Term Disability401k PlanFlexible Spending Accounts (FSA)Annual uniform allowanceFree Parking
First Urology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.