Recently awarded 2017 Best Places to Work by Business First.
Be a positive representative of First Urology in all professional contacts. Conduct yourself in accordance with employee manual.
Within general supervision, this position is responsible for following through from the point a patient makes decision to proceed with expensive drug therapy. Ability to notate accounts in the system. Ability to maintain productivity benchmarks established. Answers questions from patients, clerical staff, and insurance companies.
- Ensuring vendors of selected drugs obtain insurance benefits/obtain PA in a timely manner.
- Obtains insurance benefits/PA in a timely manner in the event vendor does not perform.
- Notifies scheduling department and patient when appropriate to schedule.
- Collects out of pocket payment owed prior to appointment.
- Submission of needed medical records and filling out the appropriate insurance forms to obtain prior authorization.
- Monitors pending requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work experience requirements:
· Knowledge of medical terminology
· Knowledge of billing, coding, and general business office procedures
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Customer service skills
· Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
· Ability to make basic numerical calculations
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Ability to type and operate personal computer
· Ability to maintain accuracy
· Ability to interpret accounts and records
We seek talented, dedicated Allied Health professionals to join our team. In return for your talent and dedication, we’ll support you with comprehensive benefits including: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), FSA, LTD/STD, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Annual Uniform Allowance and employee discounts.
Candidates for this position must be eligible for employment as verified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA). Only local candidates considered. May be required to undergo Criminal Background Check and/or drug screen.
Only candidates within a local commuting radius will be considered.