Rezūm Water Vapor Therapy
First Urology is committed to providing world-class service in every aspect of patient care.
What is Rezūm?
Rezūm is a treatment for BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia) that can be performed in-office or in an outpatient setting. Rezūm uses radiofrequency current to create thermal energy in the form of water vapor (steam) to ablate (destroy) the extra prostate tissue that causes symptoms such as frequency, urgency, irregular flow, weak stream, straining and getting up at night to urinate.
How does it work?
Inside a hand-held device, radiofrequency energy is applied to a few drops of water to create vapor (steam). The water vapor is injected into the prostate tissue that is blocking the flow of urine from the bladder, where it immediately turns back to water, releasing the energy stored in vapor into the cell membranes. At this point, the cells are gently and immediately damaged, causing cell death. Over time, your body will absorb the treated tissue through its natural healing process.
Rezūm provides the following benefits:
- Potential alternative to BPH medications.
- Relieves symptoms safely and effectively.
- Provides noticeable symptom improvement within two weeks.
- Simple in-office/outpatient therapy.
- Does not require general anesthesia.
- Preserves sexual and urinary functions.
- Allows patients to return to regular activities within a few days.
Learn more about Rezūm and BPH treatment at www.rezum.com.